ACT for Depression Group
Portland, United States
The 12-week ACT for Depression Group combines the benefits of peer support and professional expertise to help you develop a new foundation for a better life. This evidence-based group provides guidance in relating to your emotions and developing skills to help you:
- Break the cycle of depression
- Reconnect with a sense of meaning and purpose
- Build deeper and more satisfying relationships
- Increase your mindfulness and awareness
- Find ways to gently hold loss while moving forward with life
- Engage in worthwhile activity
- Establish and pursue what you would choose your life to be about
- Develop greater self-compassion
Prior to entering the group, we offer an initial one-on-one consultation meeting to help you learn more about the ACT for Depression group. The purpose of this meeting is to help you make an informed decision about whether the group is a good match for your treatment needs. If it is not a good match, we will help you find an appropriate alternative. During the consultation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Listen to a descriptive overview of what is involved in the ACT for Depression group
- Meet the group’s facilitator, Paul Guinther, Ph.D.
- Clarify any issues related to billing and insurance
- Learn more about coordinating with your other healthcare providers
- Complete questionnaires about your depression to help with your treatment planning
- Share what you hope to get out of therapy and develop a personalized treatment plan
Time: The next ACT for Depression group will begin when there has been adequate enrollment to hold the group. Meetings will be held Thursday evenings from 5:30-7pm. If you are interested in the group, please register for a one-on-one consultation meeting and we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Cost: The initial consultation cost* is $180. If during the consultation it is determined that the 12-week ACT for Depression group is a good match for your treatment needs, the total group cost is $360 ($30/meeting).
* If you are in financial need and openings are available, you are welcome to attend the initial consultation meeting and the ACT for Depression group at a reduced rate ($30/consultaion; $20/meeting). Please “register” if you would like us to contact you to learn more about our need-based reduced rates.
1830 NE Grand Ave
Public Classes at Portland Psychotherapy
Classes for personal growth at Portland Psychotherapy